The toolkit covers all aspects of a successful election campaign, including:
• Ways of influencing your chosen targets
• Creating coalitions to strengthen your campaign
• Developing your campaign message
• Methods of campaigning, from rallies to digital activism
• Following up on pledges after the election
Even if no election has been called in your country, you can start planning your strategy and actions now in order to make your campaign as effective as possible.
As every country is different, the toolkit is not a blueprint but a collection of ideas and case studies to inspire and support you in utilising an election to make real gains in water and sanitation provision. It’s worth checking your national rules and regulations on elections, for example regarding holding rallies or offering a fair balance between candidates.
Download the new Election Toolkit here, and start your election campaign for water and sanitation today!